6 Tips to Help Busy People Find the Right Dentist
As a business professional in Medicine Hat, your time is precious. Your agenda is full and your activities are carefully prioritized. So who has time to look for a dentist in Medicine Hat, right? But don’t let this task get reshuffled to the bottom of the pile. Having a trustworthy Medicine Hat dentist on speed dial can be a real timesaver or a tooth-saver if ever you or a member of your family has a dental emergency. You won’t be caught scrambling when you can least afford it.
Here are six tips on how a business professional like you can find the perfect dentist in Medicine Hat:
- Determine what’s important to you. What are you looking for in a dentist? An office near your work? Near your home? Do you or someone in your family have special needs? Should they be open weekends or evenings? Should they have special qualifications? Being clear about your needs will save you precious time in your search for a Medicine Hat dental clinic.
- Ask around. Your friends, colleagues and family members all have dentists. Their experiences and recommendations will help you narrow down your search.
- Check websites. After you’ve short-listed potential candidates, go check their websites. This will help you determine if they fulfill your criteria—location, office hours, special needs, etc.
- Make some phone calls. By now, you should be down to just a handful of candidates. Call them! Make sure they accept your dental insurance. Ask them for a pricelist of routine procedures. Compare, but don’t necessarily jump on the cheapest one. What is their availability for emergencies? Start considering the intangibles. How were you greeted? Were you put on hold for long? Were your questions answered clearly and in a friendly manner?
- Check them out personally. Visit the clinics that are left on your list. How is parking? Are they easy to find? Is there public transit nearby? Is the waiting area clean and comfortable? Are you greeted warmly? Are you comfortable in the office? The closer you get to actually booking an appointment, the more important the intangibles get.
- Book a checkup or routine procedure. How long do you have to wait for an appointment? Is the equipment up-to-date? How do you get along with the dentist? Is she clear in her answers to your questions and open to discussing treatment? You’ve done your homework, now you can rest easy knowing you’ve found the perfect dentist!
At Crestwood Dental Clinic we offer a comprehensive list of services and are conveniently located on Dunmore Road, SE. We’re presently accepting new patients so call us today with any questions or to book an appointment.